270 Skid Steers and Track Loader
The JCB 270 is a vertical lift machine with a rated operating capacity of 2,723 lb (1,235 kg), making it well suited to demolition applications and the use of breakers and rock saws.
- All JCB skid steer loaders are equipped with efficient engines that require no DEF, no DPF and no engine aftertreatment. Unlike the cooling systems on conventional skid steers, JCB machines pull cool, clean air from above and force hot air out through the sides and rear, away from the operator.
- JCB’s Smoothride System (SRS) option allows the boom and load to move independently from the chassis, for improved load retention, operator comfort and faster loading cycles.
- Fully-welded chassis provides a rigid structure for maximum strength and reduced weight. A solid undercarriage with cast steel, triple-flanged rollers provides consistent performance on demanding terrain.
- The iconic JCB single-arm Powerboom™ boasts tapered pivot pins and 20 percent more steel than the twin-arms on conventional skid steer loaders. This results in greater rigidity, less wear and improved retention of material in the bucket. The Powerboom™ also provides safe internal routing for hydraulic hoses, for protection from damage.
- The quick hitch is constructed from high-tensile steel and features high-strength welds for longer life. For extra support and greater breakout force JCB skid steer loaders have the largest quick hitch pivot pins in the industry.
- The iconic JCB Powerboom™ loader arm enables 60 percent better visibility around the machine than conventional twin-arm machines. And with no rear torque tube, as required for conventional machines, operators also benefit from significantly improved rear visibility.
- JCB skid steer loaders also offer unmatched visibility to the quick hitch and the cutting edge of the bucket, simplifying tasks such as changing attachments, loading trucks and working close to obstacles
- All daily checks are performed at ground level, and pre-filters, oil filters and air filters are easy to access via a large rear service door.
- O-ring face seal hydraulic fittings reduce leaks and maintenance downtime.
- JCB skid steers feature tilting cabs, which can be operated by one person and opened in just a few minutes, to provide access for deeper maintenance.
- JCB cabs on large-platform machines are 33% larger than the competition.
- All JCB skid steer loaders feature a wide-opening side door for safe entry and exit, eliminating the need for operators to climb over attachments or under an unsupported boom.
- JCB’s myCHOICE control software allows operators to tailor the sensitivity of joystick movement to match the way they work.
- The updated cab was designed with ease of use and operator comfort in mind. New touch screen display is mounted in the top right-hand side of the cab and will allow the operator to change settings much faster. You can set my choice controls, reversing fan intervals, toggle the new job timer and more all from the touch display for a customized control area.